Skiing Forum - Downhill , Cross Country Skiing Discussion Forum - View Single Post - Ballet Skiing!

Thread: Ballet Skiing!
View Single Post

Old 03-13-2008, 08:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
hambolo

hambolo is on a distinguished road
Red face Ballet skiing

I just got back into coaching freestyle because my kids (10 and 14) are now skiing freestyle. At The Ontario Winter Games last week, I showed a bunch of "New Schoolers" a film from 1978 featuring John Eaves and Greg Athens doing air, bumps, and ballet. The next day they were out trying to do ballet tricks on their twin tips. It may come back.....everything does! The 70's just keeps rollin' along.....in my mind anyway. Since the kids at the Ontario Winter Games were really interested in "ballet", I thought I'd give our kids a taste of it. I had the old ballet skis out last night to scrape the rust off my old tricks. This weekend I was going to show our “New School” kids, what ballet skiing was all about.

Well, guess what, the mind was willing, but the body wasn’t able. I could hit most of my old moves, but when you have to really fight to complete a trick and pull it out the way I could 30 years ago, the muscles don’t stretch the way they used to!

Oooooooouch! Tore my left calf quite badly. I hope I can ski this weekend. I'll be there, one way or the other.
hambolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote